Start of Spring Break vs. The End

Today is the last day of spring break. It went by way too fast, as always. This year, I didn’t really have any plans. I was going to be staying in town and tackling my to do list. My fiance has being joking about why it’s not good for me to have too much time on my hands… but it’s kind of true. I went a little stir crazy this week and made a lot of big steps.

The wedding planning… beginning of spring break I planned to just Pinterest ideas. By the end of spring break, I had the band booked, hotel rooms blocked, guest list updated, florist meetings set up, and engagement picture session scheduled.

The house hunt… beginning of spring break we had planned to maybe casually start looking on Zillow. By the end of spring break, I had met with a realtor, got a loan, and set up some tours of houses.

The dog dilemma… beginning of spring break, I had no hopes of getting a dog soon. Phil said we should get settled in a house first. Buttt after a few bored days, I started researching and ended up putting us on the list for a Bernese Mountain dog puppy in fall.

Vacation… beginning of spring break, I had planned to talk to my mom about a family vacation this summer. By the end of spring break, I had booked us a house in Key West to stay.

I guess I don’t really deal with boredom well. I think Phil is relieved I will be heading back to work tomorrow or we may have ended up with another dog, a new car, and a trip to Europe. I think it’s time I get back to being busy 🙂

2 Replies to “Start of Spring Break vs. The End”

1. Wow! Your productivity this week totally makes up for my lack thereof! Glad you were able to accomplish so much!

2. Adrienne Gillespie says: Reply

I am just at the start of Spring Break. My big plans are knitting, napping & reading. I got a nap in yesterday, after boxing up a lot of books and bagging old clothes. I dropped them at the Salvation Army drop today. Maybe I will be more productive than I expect.